We are currently limiting the number of new families to the practice each month in order to maintain the high level of care and accessibility that we strive to provide to all our patients.
If you are expecting a newborn and will be a new family to our practice, call our office to begin the registration process. If you have already attended a meet and greet event and signed up, you do not need to call. Next meet and greet scheduled for November 15th at 5:30pm with Kristen Freedman CPNP. NO RSVP required.
Insurance and Billing
Keep in mind we work with all major insurance companies, HOWEVER, it is parent responsibility to make sure our providers are considered "in-network" at our specific location with your insurance plan. The best way to go about checking is to use the provider finder tool on your insurance company's website or to call them directly.
Current Families with Health Share Plans ONLY
Effective August 1st 2018, HIP is implementing a new office policy that affects only those families taking part in health share plans (including but not limited to Medi-Share, Christian Care, and Liberty Healthshare). These particular plans are not insurance plans, and as such, do not cover most child wellness visits, vaccinations and sick visits. Because these plans are meant to help cover more emergent, catastrophic health care costs, they allow families to budget for the planned health care costs accordingly. HIP has decided it is more appropriate for these families to pay for wellness visits, vaccinations, and sick visits at the time of service. It will then be up to the parent to provide the visit information with their health share plan and get it applied to their Annual Household Portion. For pricing guidelines please call the front desk. Keep in mind we can offer a price range not exact dollar amounts.
Continuity at H.I.P
As we grow, we are working hard to maintain the core of what we hope makes our practice unique. One of those priorities is continuity. We believe that in order to provide excellent, holistic care for your family, you need to know your providers well. We hope to promote that in a few ways:
- Remain a small practice. While we are growing, we are designed to have no more than 4-5 pediatricians at full capacity. Being a small practice allows your family to become familiar with all the pediatricians.
- We encourage families to see the same provider whenever possible.
- In order to maintain accessibility for wellness and illness appointment, our providers will need to intermittently stop taking new families into their patient panel. We are currently limiting the number of new families that we take into the practice to help maintain this accessibility
Patients are still able to see any of our providers for same day sick appointments or for consultations. We encourage you to request an appointment with your primary provider if it is available.
- To provide excellent, holistic, compassionate and accessible pediatric care that integrates the best of conventional and natural medicine in the treatment of illness and the promotion of wellness.
- To create both a medical home for pediatric patients and a home for wellness promotion through educational classes and workshops for children and their parents
- To provide a combination of healthcare offerings, complementary modalities and community educational offerings that is unique in the Denver Metro area.
- To cultivate the power of connection through our practice culture. We understand the power of being heard. At H.I.P we strive to listen first so that we may walk with you on the best path for your unique family and children.
- To provide a nurturing, accepting and inviting environment for children and their families.
- To maximize accessibility to our model of care through a broad insurance network including Medicaid.
What to bring to your first visit?
We work hard to ensure that your child receives prompt medical care in a comfortable, child-friendly office setting. To help expedite the first appointment, we ask that you please bring your child's immunization records and be prepared to complete paperwork regarding your family medical history, your child's medical history, and insurance information.
CIIS: Colorado Immunization Information System
We utilize the state immunization registry which allows better record keeping of vaccines given at different locations throughout the state. You have the option to opt out of the registry if you choose. Please notify us if you would prefer not to be included.
As a practice, we recognize the value of immunizations. We recommend the routine vaccination schedule for children outlined by the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics. We also recognize that some families choose a different path and regardless of your choice as a family, our goal is to make you feel welcomed and cared for at H.I.P.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please contact our office at least 24 HOURS in advance to avoid a possible cancelation fee of $35. This fee may also be implemented for any missed appointments without notification. This policy can include any appointments scheduled in advance, but mainly pertains to well visit exams and consultations.
We ask that you arrive for your appointment 10 minutes early so that we can get you checked in. We make every effort to see our patients in a timely manner and greatly value your time. Because of this, if you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we will try to work you into the schedule but may need to reschedule.
We are also happy to offer you the option to download, print, and complete our office forms to reduce wait times during your first appointment. Please make note that when filling out a release form to transfer out of the practice, this transfer is final and we are unable to see your child for appointments or give triage advice once the records have been copied and mailed or picked up.
- Patient Information Form
- Medical Records Release Form Leaving HIP
- Medical Records Release Form Coming to HIP
- Third Party Consent
- Immunization Non-Medical Exemption Form
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
To Request General Health Appraisal and Immunization Forms
We are more than happy to fill out any necessary forms your children may need for school, camp or daycare but please make sure we have seen your child in our office within the last 12 months for a wellness visit. Also, we ask you that you allow us 24-48 hours to get those forms completed for you. If the school or camp have their own specific form, PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL any forms to us. We will not open or download them in order to keep your children's PHI safe and secure. You may fax them to our office, drop them off in person or securly upload them through your child's MyChart portal. If your family is not yet set up on MyChart, please call the office and we can help you get set up.
What to Expect
On the day of your child's first visit to our office, we recommend arriving a few minutes early. This allows extra time for finishing up any registration forms and ensures you have plenty of time to get acquainted with our staff and office. We look forward to meeting you and joining with you to help your child maintain optimal health.
We understand occasional circumstances prevent you from keeping your scheduled appointment. We ask that you please notify our office in advance if you are running late or unable to make your appointment. Our scheduling coordinators will do their best to re-schedule you promptly.